Thursday, December 22, 2016
On Sunday, 5/18 December, the Free Serbian parish of St Nicholas celebrated its parish feast.
The new Altar table was consecrated by Bishops Ambrose and John, with Archimandrite Hristifor and Hieromonk Simeon concelebrating.
The parish feast of St Nicholas was transferred to the preceding Sunday, when the Serbian Slava was also celebrated. The sisterhood provided a sumptuous fasting meal.
Monday, December 22, 2014
The Free Serbian Orthodox Parish in Brisbane celebrated its parish feast in honour of St Nicholas the Wonderworker on 6/19.December. His Eminence, Bishop Ambrose of Methoni (and Australia) presided at Great Vespers on the eve of the feast, as well as Matins and Divine Liturgy on the feast itself. Igumen John (ROCA) and Igumen Christophor concelebrated.
Finally, on Sunday, 9/21. December, the full parish celebration in honour of St Nicholas was held, with the Divine Liturgy followed by a moleben and procession around the Church, and the order of the Serbian Slava. The sisterhood offered a festal meal in the hall. The parish offered a gift of a Panagia to His Eminence. Russian faithful from Brisbane also attended the festal services.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Schedule for hierarchal services with Archbishop Andronik of Canada and Syracuse.
- Friday, 19th September: 6 pm Vespers and Matins
- Saturday, 20th September: 10am Hierarchal Liturgy
Services at the Parish of the Protection of the Mother of God, Yarraville
- Saturday, 20th September: 6 pm Vigil (Nativity of the Mother of God)
- Sunday, 21st September: 10 am Hierarchal Liturgy
- Friday 26th September: 6 pm Vigil (Elevation of the CROSS)
- Saturday 27th September: 10 am Hierarchal Liturgy
Services at the Community of the Tabinsk Icon of the Mother of God
- Saturday, 27th September: 4 pm Vigil with Akathist to the Tabinsk Icon
- Sunday, 28th September: 10 am Hierarchal Liturgy
All faithful are welcome to join the services with Archbishop Andronik.
Please contact the various communities directly for more information.